Work type: Contract, Part Time (min. 220 hrs), year-long, with hours concentrated April - July
Work classification: Administration – Arts
Work timeline: Assume full coordinator duties leading up to June 2018 Festival as soon as possible, contract reviewed on yearly basis
To coordinate aspects of Q-FEST under the direction of the Quincy Arts Festival Board.
Providing coordination, guidance, advice, consultation and assistance in the following areas:
- Coordinate and assist volunteers, board members and committee members to complete needed tasks in the preparation for and execution of the annual Q-FEST event;
- Maintain thorough documentation of all agreements, expenses, income and processes that develop before, during and after the Festival;
- Provide the Board President with meeting agenda, financial reports, and any related materials, prior to scheduled meetings;
- Send out meeting notices to Board members and/or Committee Chairpersons;
- Participate in Board meetings, providing updates of planning progress;
- Delegate tasks as needed to responsible volunteers;
Assume responsibility of the Q-FEST cell phone, email account, and mail and respond in a professional, appropriate and timely manner.
Event-planning skills, well-organized, great communicator, advocate and networker, detail-oriented, excellent computer skills (including Excel, Word, QuickBooks and Microsoft OneDrive), self-motivated.
The Festival Coordinator is required to maintain effective and proactive communication with:
Quincy Arts Festival board, The District and Quincy Art Center representatives, local media, artists, sponsors, friends and patrons, community partners, and endeavor to maintain at all times a cordial relationship with all who are working on the Festival.